Hoole Community Hub (Hoole Community Development Trust)
This project will form the second phase of the development of a community centre from a former school in Hoole. The project will provide a community cafe and library for the local community which provides learning opportunities in healthy food, cookery classes, IT and volunteering opportunities.
The People’s Millions funding would be used to:
• Fit out the room next to the kitchen as the Café, and employ a part-time cook;
• Relocate the Library to the adjoining room so that people can enjoy both facilities;
• Employ a part-time coordinator to bring together a team of volunteers to assist in the Café and the Library;
• Pave and install furniture in the area at the front of the building to enable the café to also operate outside;
• Purchase Tablet Computers and provide free tuition in how to use them.
The overall aspiration of this project is to tackle loneliness and isolation, for all members of the community in Hoole. The project will do this by:
• Offering an affordable café menu to enable Hoole residents to enjoy a more active social life;
• Providing free tuition on Tablet Computers to help people have access to basic e-mail, internet and Skype facilities, so they can keep in touch with friends and relatives;
• Offering free instruction on preparing affordable and nutritional ‘meals at home’, to support healthy eating;
• Encouraging local people to volunteer in both the Library and Café, providing further opportunities to socialise and support the sustainability of our project.
Project supporters (14)
Show your support
Hoole Community Hub
Hoole Community Centre
Project Twitter feed